Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:55 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:06 am 

On http://www.yubico.com/products/yubikey- ... integrate/ it talks about how to set up an app to register global intent. I installed the demo app from the Google Play store.

The demo app's source code on github appears to follow the global intent implementation. But when I beep the Neo, it still punts out to the web browser instead of launching/switching to the demo app. (When the demo app is in the foreground, it intercepts the NFC.)

So my question is, is the demo app global dispatching broken somehow, is my (march 2012 firmware beta) Neo key not triggering properly, or have I totally misunderstood? I would like to have an app registered to launch when the Neo is detected, and I was hoping the demo app would do this so I could show it to my android dev as an example.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello,

Yes, the code on github handles both.. Unfortunately the code for global intent isn't released and published on google play.. Though we can do that (maybe not today, but next week).

/klas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:44 pm 

Thanks, please let me know when the app is updated on the play store. Your simple app is actually all that's needed for many use cases, but having to put it in the foreground first is an extra hassle.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello.

A new version is uploaded to google play now, not out yet though. Glad to hear that it's useful, in the YubiTOTP app you can find an example for how to program the NEO from android as well..

/klas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:35 pm 

Thank you, tested working.

For anyone who comes along after: the demo app global intent will only work for a Neo programmed with a URI-type NDEF that is set to "https://my.yubico.com/(...)". If it is HTTP instead, or some other host, then the default processing will take you to Chrome instead.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:19 pm 

This seems the nearest topic to what I'm trying to determine.

I have a new Neo, firmware 3.1.2, and trying to program with the Personalization Tool 3.1.11. I've swapped the configurations so the Yubico OTP is in slot 2, and my personal OATH-HOTP token in 1.

When I set the NDEF config to slot 2 with URI https://my.yubico.com/neo/ (which seems the default), the demo app brings up the popup menu ("Copy OTP to clipboard, Show OTP on screen, Yubico demo site,...") just fine. Displays the OTP, etc. When I program slot 1 with the same URI, the demo app states "Not a Yubico Neo" when I pass the Neo over the NFC antenna.

At the present, I'd only like the app to copy my OATH-HOTP token to clipboard, or display it. What am I doing wrong? :?