Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:25 pm 

I have a question on how to convert my Yubikey to deliver a static password.
When I start the config tool is insists on entering an Yubikey ID and an AES key.
Without filling in those values it will not proceed.
Where can I get that information from?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:41 am 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

You can securely revoke, activate your keys, retrieve or reset the YubiKey ID, AES secret key, etc. from the YMS server if you have client admin rights for the YMS server.

To enable the client admin rights send following information to "yms@yubico.com":

1) 2 consecutive OTPs from one of your YubiKey that you want to use to access the YubiKey Management System to manage your own YubiKeys and client information.

2) Paypal transaction details of YubiKey purchase.

We hope this answers your question.

Feel free to write back to us in case you face any problems.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:37 am 

I would like to get the ID and AES Keys for my keys but I have 2 questions about the method above.

Firstly, we did not use paypal to purchase our keys, instead we used a wire transfer to make the payment. So how do we deal with the need for the paypal information?

Secondly, I have already zapped one of the keys using the script that will allow the use of a 64 character hex string. How do I get the ID and AES for this key or reprogramme the key with new ones?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:01 am 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

If you did not use Paypal for transaction, you need to send mail to the "yms@yubico.com" from the email id which you have specified during the YubiKey purchase.

If you own more than one YubiKey, then send two OTP from the YubiKey which you haven't reprogrammed yet to make it an admin key for YMS access. Using this YubiKey you can gain access to the YMS server and can retrieve YubiKey ID and AES key information for all of your YubiKeys including the one which you have reprogrammed.

Also note that once you have programmed a Yubikey for a static password, you will lose the ability to use the key for managing other keys in the YMS, etc. It is therefore highly recommended that you have a separate Yubikey for use with products requiring fixed passwords.

We hope this answers your question.

Feel free to write back to us in case you face any problems.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:11 am 

Thanks.
I just sent the email from the only address that Yubico would have for me on record, and I awaiting that response.

Considering the fact that we purchased 4 keys, how do I know which key belongs to which set of codes? I think the one that is in the machine now should be easy to figure out but what about the rest?