Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:06 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:30 pm 

Trying to install each of the above on equivalent devices. Same result on each - terminal window flashes briefly and then vanishes. Same result when run as administrator.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:43 am 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

Hello -

ykpers is the Command Line Interface of the YubiKey Personalization Tool. Are you looking for the GUI application? If so, that can be found here - https://developers.yubico.com/yubikey-p ... /Releases/

These are the list of commands you can run if you were intending to use ykpers - https://yubico.github.io/yubikey-person ... ize.1.html

Best Regards,
Chris
Yubico Support

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:28 pm 

Thank you for your reply Chris.
I intend using the YubiKey to encrypt a single folder.
The NEO documentation says I can encrypt a file using it.

My understanding is that I have to configure the second slot to use in these circumstances.

Reading from https://www.yubico.com/2012/12/yubikey-neo-openpgp/ Blog I should be able to use ykinfo -v on the command line to read the version of the YubiKey. the output returned is to the effect:
'ykinfo' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I am using Windows 8.1.
The information on https://www.yubico.com/2012/12/yubikey-neo-openpgp/ tells me that I must:
'enable the Applet functionality of the YubiKey NEO before you can use the OpenPGP applet.
To do this, you will need to use the command line interface (CLI) version of the YubiKey Personalization Tool.......To download ykpersonalize please click here.'

I downloaded ykpers-1.16.0-win64 but when I try to install it, (whether as administrater or not) the command terminal briefly flashes and vanishes.

I feel I must be overooking a step somewhere but cannot recognise what step that is.

regards,

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:23 pm 

Hi Chris,

I am still at a loss as to what to do to have the cli version of YubiKey personalization tool working.

The links indicated brought me back to where I was already.

My base question is still the same as I originally asked:

How do I install ykpers-1.16.0-win64? When I try by running ykpersonalize.exe the terminal flashes momentarily on screen and then dies.

Entering ykinfo -v does not work. as it is unrecognised.

Has anyone else managed to get this working on Windows? if so, what did you do to achieve this?

The list of commands I can run if intending to run ykpers will only work if it is installed. My question is how do I install?

I have also tried running modhex.exe, ykchalresp.exe, ykgenerate.exe, ykinfo.exe, and ykparse.exe. With eac there is a brief flash on the screen and nothing else.

Regards,

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:46 pm 

I was just able to run ykpersonalize on a Windows 7 64-bit system. I downloaded the ykpers-1.17.1-win64.zip file and unzipped it into a temporary directory.

I then opened a CMD.EXE prompt as administrator, went into the ykpers-1.17.1-win64\bin directory I had created, and was able to run commands properly from the command prompt.

As a warning, when I initially tried to run the commands from Cygwin/mintty, the console output was not flushed properly and I could not see what was happening. (If you don't know what Cygwin or mintty are, then don't worry about this part, it probably doesn't apply to you.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:51 am 

Many thanks gweeper.

It appears that I pressed the "daft" button on the back of my head!

I had not plugged in the yubikey.

When the terminal flashed briefly I was receiving a message to that effect, but it took the eagle eye of a colleague to read the message as it flashed up.

Thanks to all for your replies. Much appreciated.

Up and running now.

Cheers!