Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:45 pm 

today, i have tried getting my yubikey vip setup for the 2nd channel utilizing the cross personilization tool. when the program (cp tool) installed, it said installing and showed a progress bar but only got a 3rd of the way and clicked across to successfully installed but i presume this is normal as i got no installation errors. (i'm saying everything btw because, well in my mind, problem could be anything.) i followed the onsite instructions but only got as far as the launch of program and insertion of yubikey vip. i like on the other person's thread have tried in numerous usb2.0 ports and the yubikey vip is not recognised by the program. i am using windows7 -64. i have been to my mb manufacturer's website looking for the lastest usb2.0 drivers and could only find usb3.0 so downloaded all the available drivers for the mb (presuming they are mixed in with something else)and updated my pc's drivers(no harm in having the latest right). so ive tried different usb ports, ive tried it with the latest usb driver for an asrock mb. i have no idea what to try next. (i just thought compatability mode so will try that and post if its successful but in the mean time what else should i do or try?) i have not touched any configuration buttons in the cp tool as i dont want to mess it up but i did try pressing the update settings button bottom right and it was greyed out (normal i suppose as no yubikey recognised). thanks all in advance. (i dled the cp tool today so i presume its the latest and to verify went from link in the other thread too.)

(the yubikey vip works fine for the first channel- just not recognised in the cp tool).
(oh another thing. when i first insert the yubikey vip in each of the usb ports, it says usb input device successfully installed. it doesnt refer to yubikey- i notice a lot of devices are referred to by name so is this normal- is it just installing a generic driver for the yubikey vip itself?).

UPDATE: Lol, was just about to do the xp compatability thing and noticed the usb3 solved thread. i did 'run as admin' on install in a 2nd attempt earlier this evening but that thread caused me to just on the offchance try it in running the program and would you christmas eve it, it worked. problem solved.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+