Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:04 am 

Hi all,

This is my first post, having only just received my Yubikey 4 and Yubikey Neo (“keys”).

I followed the YubiKey Mac OS X Login instructions and successfully registered the keys on my home iMac (“Mac1”) . I then repeated the process on my MacBook (“Mac2”). Unfortunately, something went seriously wrong and I am now locked out of Mac1. The keys are however working fine with Mac2. Strange? I'm guessing the install process for Mac2 corrupted or overrode Mac1. At this stage, I'm reluctant to try anything on my office iMac ("Mac3").

My issue involves the following questions:

1. Is there a way to uninstall the keys on Mac1 (to avoid restoring from a time capsule)?

2. How do I register the keys on Mac1 without affecting the credentials for Mac2?

3. How do I register the keys on Mac3 without affecting the credentials for Mac1 and Mac2?

I searched the web for a solution and found nothing, I hope someone here can help.

Luca

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:09 pm 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

The same Challenge-Response credential can be used in multiple places (you could use it on multiple Macs, multiple PCs, and Password Safe, for example - the same credential). Obviously if you decide to overwrite slot 2 with a new Challenge-Response credential, you're going to lose access to anything that uses the credential that was programmed there previously.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:27 pm 

Thank you for responding so quickly :)

So, having successfully registered the keys on Mac2, I would now like to register them on Mac1 and Mac3.

To do so on Mac1 and Mac3, does this mean I simply:

1. skip steps 3, 4 and 5 (on page 6 of the login instructions);
2. skip steps 6, 7, 8 and 9 (on page 7 of the login instructions);
3. skip steps 10, 11 and 12 (on page 8 of the login instructions); and
4. install "pam_yubico-2.21.pkg" and then complete all outstanding steps (on pages 11 to 19 of the login instructions).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:04 pm 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

Yes, skip the section for programming the Challenge-response credential in slot 2 (the credential you already programmed can be used in other systems). The rest of the steps in the instructions still need to be followed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:14 am 

Issue resolved, thank you!