Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:58 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:22 pm 

I bought the Galaxy S6 yesterday and was trying to use my NEO with it but it doesn't seem to be reading it. I hear the chime showing it's tried to read the nfc (or at least detected it) but still nothing. Also, I tried going into NFC payments or whatever it's called and tried toggling "prioritize foreground application" to see if that made a difference, but no.

I tried creating a blank evernote app and then tapping the key to it to get the text but nothing. It doesn't work with lastpass either. So, am I doing the things wrong? Has anyone else had any luck? Do I have a dud? The key worked with my G3 and OnePlus so I don't think it's the key. I'm just at a loss.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:22 pm 

I am also having the same issue.

I wonder if samsung broke the NFC implementation on their phone.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:25 pm 

I managed to get it working, but you had to turn off android beam to do so under settings -> NFC and payments

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:58 pm 

I got a response from Yubikey Support I thought I would share:
Quote:
Thank you for contacting Yubico Support. We're received a lot of reports from users having trouble with the NEO on the Galaxy S6. Samsung is using a different kind of NFC antenna in the S6 that is supposedly less susceptible to interference transmitting through metal, but also has less range/power. I had a long conversion with a user a couple days ago that reported (after some troubleshooting) that the NEO has to be removed from a keychain (if it's currently on one) and held directly underneath the Samsung logo on the back of the phone. It really is a matter of proximity in this case. In the Galaxy line, we've had the best performance from the S4, with a bit more difficulty with the S3 and S5, and now the S6 appears to be the most challenging.

I find this site to be particularly useful when troubleshooting NFC issues, as it has images of the most popular Android phones and where their NFC antennas are located:

http://www.octopus.com.hk/customer-serv ... index.html