Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Iphone app?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:48 pm 

I was wondering if there was any plan or though going to creating a yubico iphone app?

I can imagine that it would be a fairly simple implementation but im not sure if there would be any hangups with going from a hardware device to a software device?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Post subject: Re: Iphone app?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:48 am 

Hi crash893,

If you implement this in Software, you can take the software apart and gather all the information you shouldn't get. On the other hand I'd also like to see this for mobile devices. With the camera connection kit you can use it for the iPad. But on phones a full sized USB-connector is rare. RFID also isn't strong with mobile devices. Perhaps Bluetooth could be the solution...

Bye
Jochen

Post subject: Re: Iphone app?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:11 pm 
crash893 wrote:
I was wondering if there was any plan or though going to creating a yubico iphone app?

I can imagine that it would be a fairly simple implementation but im not sure if there would be any hangups with going from a hardware device to a software device?

Because our sites are now accessible from smartphones we switched from Yubikeys to Swekeys.
There is no need to plug the Swekey in the smartphone to make it works, you just have to do a kind of pairing between the smartphone and the the swekey using a web interface then it magically works... Amazing!