Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:31 pm 

I am having a great deal of dificulty trying to set up enigmail for use with a smart card (yubikey). I am running windows 8.

So far I was able to generate a key pair on the yubikiey (i think). Manage smart card generate new key and I see the string for encryption, signing, authentication in there.

I then see the key pair in the key management window like normal, however when I take the yubikey out of the machine the key still remains on the computer in the key management window and I can encrypt/decrypt regardless if the key is in there or not. Does anyone know what I am missing? As you can tel I am new at this but any help or support is greaty appreciated and thank you in advance.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:54 pm 

Do you Has got a Keypair before you use smartkard with yubikey?
At me he didnt create the keypair.

[Edit]

Enigmail remembers your Passfrase for 10 min in standart Setup. If It is Unlooked one time.

Is it Helpfully?

Try to remouve and wait for a time larger then 10 minutes. And Try to Encrypt without Yubikey again.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:12 pm 

I found out that you can create the Key in two difficult Options.

1 . You must create The Keypair in the Smardcard Option in Enigmail Key overview Window
1.1 He was done it correct ONLY if there wasnt any Key or Keypair in the List! ! !!! So Import your keys (example from your Boyfraind) Later.
--> After he create the keypair.

1.1.2. You must fill in the Pin. The user pin. However when he is ready he Ask you about a Thing or tells you that he is ready.
Then you are not sure if he does create or not then remember : Was he Asking about any PIN in the Prozedure?

The second Option is in the Key Overview too. But you reatch that Option not over File->Smardcard...-->create..Key...
That is in that Situation the wrong way to create Keypair. And that keypair isndt on the Yubikey.
That is the answer how it can be that you can use the Encryption/Decryption without Smart Card!! Sorry but so ist seems...

1.2.1 When you want to try it on your Smartcard then dont Forget the List about the Keys have to be clean. MAYBE you must unsubscribe your key on Keyserver before. You know with your Special Key for this. That was exact My Way.
And i cant send without give the Pin before when i send Crypted.

Hope it helps you.

Here my steps Quicly:
1. Export any key (Not my Private Key too)
2. Delete all other keys (see step1) and tell the Keyserver that your private Key is Inaktiv now with your Key for that<--I know not that Name of that Re-Key but you can create if dosent exist
3. Delete you Private Key
4. Remember the clean KeylList and then:
5. Go in the Enigmail->Key Overview->File->Smardcard....->Create Keypar

Steps Solved my Problem at me. Hope it helps you.
And dont Forget the Keyserver! It is your Risk!
By