Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:32 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:49 pm 

I've successfully gotten my new Neo-n to auth via U2F - so far, so good! However, it seems that the device can only be in one mode at a time - U2F or OTP. If in U2F mode, I can't use the configuration in either slot. This means in order to log on to some services, I need to open NEO Manager, swap modes, unplug, and reconnect the device.

Is these any way to support U2F *and* OTP? If not, is there any way to swap device modes without using the NEO Manager?

Last edited by LyndsySimon on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:58 pm 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

Please take a look at the following post:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1519#p5873

ykpersonalize can be used to turn on all modes simultaneously as long as you're using Google Chrome version 39 or newer for U2F. If you're not comfortable with command line tools, we'd recommend against this option, however. Once Chrome 39 is officially released, Yubico will upload a new version of NEO Manager which will allow you to enable all modes simultaneously.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:23 pm 

Great, and thanks for the prompt reply.

I'm quite comfortable with the shell, so that won't be a problem.

My rationale for purchasing the Neo-n was at least partially so I can implement U2F as one of the multifactor auth options for the Open Science Framework. Right now we only support Google Authenticator-style TOTP, but I was planning on refactoring that part of the system in the very near future to allow support for other arbitrary options. U2F is new enough that I'll probably also release a Python package to make it easier for others in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:30 pm 

Hi Yubico Team,

Chrome 39 is officially released :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]