Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:30 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:34 pm 

Hi

I downloaded the beta software and installed it. I then configured "config 2" on my Yubikey 2 (firmware 2.2.3) as instructed.

I removed previously installed OTP logon software and rebooted a couple a times.

When I get to the ctr-alt-del screen and choose my name, I see the "Yubikey logon enabled for user" text beneath the password text box. And that's it really. If I touch my Yubikey, it sends something to the text box but its always incorrect (because it isn't my windows password).

I was thinking that my "problem" might be to do with the confoig og the Yubikey. In the "specifiy output parameters" config utility, there are three check boxes under "Serial # visibility" - should I be checking any of these? (Currently all unchecked).

Any help appreciated...

Thanks
Dave

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello,

I'm not sure I completely get your problem.
For logon challenge-response is used so you don't need to generate an OTP into the password field, there you type your usual windows password (or leave blank if you don't have one configured). When continuing from that screen a challenge should be issued to the YubiKey and a response generated within it.

Can you continue with the logon without the YubiKey inserted? Can you continue with the logon with the YubiKey inserted?

/klas

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:21 pm 

Indeed - that's what I was missing...

I had assumed that the Yubikey would generate some kind of secure password negating me having to type a windows password at all.

So this software is an added level of logon security - you insert the Yubikey, type your Windows password and you're logged in. Without the Yubikey, you can't logon.

I changed my Windows password to nothing - now I can simply logon with just the Yubikey and avoid typing a password (just hit the enter key). Neat.

Many thanks for the reply - appreciated.
Dave