Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:51 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:23 pm 

I have never used the Yubico Neo before. If this question has been asked before i apologize. I want to use the Yubico Neo for Keepass password OATH HOTP standard. I also have two Gmail accounts I would like to secure with two factor login security.
Thank You for your help.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:48 pm 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

Yes, you can follow the instructions for programming OATH-HOTP for KeePass (although I personally recommend going the HMAC-SHA1 Challenge-Response route instead - http://www.kahusecurity.com/2014/securi ... nd-factor/)

Gmail is easy enough, assuming you're using Google Chrome, you can register as many Google accounts as you want from a single YubiKey NEO. Gmail uses U2F which will not affect your ability to program an OATH-HOTP or Challenge-Response credential with the YubiKey Personalization Tool.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:54 pm 

Thank you very much for the quick reply, and the recommendation for the HMAC-SHA1 Challenge-Response route.I took your suggestion and switched to Challenge response. Much easier to use. Thank you very much for all the help.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:52 am 

I would recommend getting U2F to work, as it provides better security than HMAC-SHA1 (because in U2F you do not share a secret with the server). But HMAC-SHA1 isn't bad.