Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:55 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:23 pm 

I'm following the work on U2F with enthusiasm, but I have some questions if you dont mind:

1. Are there any plans on making the touch button work over contactless? Or is there simply not enough energy induced over the RF-field to drive the button? (and the LED)

Wouldn't U2F require some form of button press (presence indication) also over contactless? Or is the mere fact that the NEO is being put into the RF field a sign of presence? (I'm not up to date on the latest U2F specs)

2. I notice that there is a "touch level" field returned in the "SELECT Yubikey Applet" response:

Code:
03 00 02 01 05 07 01 0f 00 00

but it seems to always return 0x0507, no matter if i keep pressing the button during the select or not. What is this field supposed to indicate? The actual level of the touch button at that time, or is it the threshold for deciding if the button is touched or not?

3. When U2F NEO is released, will you also open source the U2F applet? (i understand that this will be without any attestation keys)

4. Will NEOs sold with the U2F applet (and issuer attestation key), still be developer unlocked (default GP ISD keys)?

I'm using NEO firmware 3.0.2

Thanks

Thomas

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

1) Touching the Yubikey or Tapping the key to the device is considered as "user presence"

2) The early versions of the NEO (only 3.0.2 I think) require touch to be selectable over the contact interface, that's why the select is failing. (and yes, the code path is slightly different, in that functions that require touch are always allowed over contact-less).

3) No Comment

4) No decisions have been made about this yet.

I am sorry for being able to provide you with more complete answers at this time.

Tom.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:43 am 

Hi,

Thank you for answering!

But I think you misread my second question. I am able to select the Yubikey Applet, but I can't make any sense of the "touch level" bytes in the response.

And i understand that you are still in an early development phase regarding U2F and NEO at the present time. No problem.

Thomas