Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:40 am 

JakobE wrote:
Well - then it seems like this feature has changed status from a "nice to have" to a "must have".

Therefore, I've just put together an unofficial 1.3.3 version with an updated descriptor making it a pre-boot HID device. Computers with a reasonably modern BIOS supporting USB keboards at startup should therefore detect and enumerate the Yubikey at POST stage.

I beleive this fixes the issue but as I'm not a TrueCrypt guy, I'm not the right one to test it in its intended context. Guinea pig candidates who intend to use TrueCrypt at startup are therefore welcome to ask for a 1.3.3 Yubikey. I can send out a few in beginning of the coming week with priority mail.

Please send an e-mail to jakob at yubico dot com and I'll ensure that the keys get sent right away, free of charge. Although I can probably back-track orders via our shipping guys to get a delivery address it really helps if you supply your delivery mail address.

With the best regards,

Jakob E
Hardware- and firmware guy @ Yubico

Hi Jakob, after listening to Steve Gibson's SecurityNow podcast, I made the purchase. I received my yubikey today, but it has been flashed with firmware 1.3.2. I need version 1.3.3 as the key was purchased to work with Truecrypt full disk encryption.

Can the device be flashed with new firmware? If not, can you send me a replacement? However you want to do this, let me know. I'll forward on my order details to your email for reference.

Many thanks for such a great device,
Jim

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:28 pm 

I just want to thank ferrix publicly for helping me with this issue. I now have my user ID name back! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:17 pm 

dallen wrote:
I just want to thank ferrix publicly for helping me with this issue. I now have my user ID name back! :D

* ferrix cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jim et.al - we are keen to keep our customers happy. If you want to use the Yubikey for TrueCrypt full disk encryption and feel frustrated with having a pre 1.3.3 key, please send me an e-mail at jakob at yubico dot com and I'll send you a free 1.3.3 Yubikey right away.

Regards,

Jakob E
Hardware- and firmware guy @ Yubico