Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:45 am 

I seem to have locked myself out of the configuration profile "2" of my key. I was attempting to set a known AES key to set up Mac OS X Authorize, and when using the OSX Personalization utility wrote an incorrect value as the "Security Code" as the utility calls it. I typed in 48791E6737E5 as the "New Security Code", it wrote the key successfully, and I haven't been able to write to the profile since. I can successfully write to configuration 1 (with the Windows Utility, I dare not try the OSX one again). I have tried both the Windows and OSX utility on the 2nd configuration lots of times, sometimes with the ModHex version of the above Code (fjikbuhieiug), sometimes with what should have been generated if the Code was interpreted as ModHex (000003000030). I've also tried all zeros and blank. Is there any way to overwrite this configuration, I just got it in the mail today, it would be a shame to have killed it already.

Thanks,
Joe

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:24 am 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

If the configuration protection password (passphrase) is set, you can not reprogram the YubiKey unless the correct configuration protection password is supplied during reprogramming.

As the YubiKey is write only device, no one (not even Yubico) can read or overwrite the configuration stored in YubiKey and there is no way to default it to factory condition for security reason.