Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:22 am 

I've been playing around with the YubiKey Neo. I'm trying to load the latest version of the OpenPGP applet so that I can import keys to the Neo from an existing GPG keychain. I ran gpshell after building the 1.0.5 applet release, but it still wouldn't let me import keys for gpg so I figured it must not have installed/updated the applet correctly. In my cleverness to try to verify that I was in fact installing the applet, I figured I'd just delete the existing applets on the card, run the install again, and verify that the new applet appeared in the applet list.

So I used ykneomgr and the '-D' option to delete all three of the existing key applets. In hindsight, that was probably a mistake. Now I can't connect to the Neo at all using ykneomgr, ykpersonalize, or gpshell.

Did I brick my card by erasing all the pre-loaded applets? Is there any way to recover it?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mmm...

Probably bricked it. Yes, and you deleted all the standard Yubikey functionalities as well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:08 am 

That's what I figured. Guess that's what I get for playing around.

For future reference, is there a way to verify applet versions? E.g. how can I find what version of the PGP applet is installed on a card? That would help avoid such brute force approaches to clearing and updating card applets.