Yubico Forum

yubikey mapping inconsistency
Page 1 of 1

Author:  hvbuel [ Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:20 am ]
Post subject:  yubikey mapping inconsistency

I have an inconsistency in the yubiradius appliance.
When searching for a username, the username comes up and it says : no yubikey assigned.
However, when I search for the yubikey's public id, it will show it is assigned to the aforementioned username.
The user is also able to login using this yubikey and the authentication log shows that the yubikey is assigned.

A reboot of the yubiradius server did not solve the issue.

It seems the frontend is showing me the wrong information, but the authentication backend is performing ok.
This makes managing the Yubikeys a nightmare.
attached 2 screenshots, sanitized for private information.

Any help welcome !

Author:  Tom [ Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: yubikey mapping inconsistency


Is it for just one user or all the users ?

Did you try to import the users again?

Author:  hvbuel [ Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: yubikey mapping inconsistency

For now it seems to just involve this user.
I did a re-import of all users, but that did not help, but I realize I did not remove this user from the Yubiradius server before the re-import, so I guess nothing was 'really' re-imported.

As you can see in the screenshot, this username is in capitals due to this user being an 'import' from a former Novell NDS into our current Windows AD.
We have battled before with usernames in capitals, until the last release of the Yubiradius server where Yubico fixed the login problems we had with lower and uppercase usernames.
I have a feeling though, that deep down in the mapping part of the Yubiradius server it still stumbles on some of our older accounts that are in uppercase.
(new accounts have been in lowercase for quite a few years now)

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group