Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:37 pm 

I am using VMware workstation 10.0.7 on Win7 host which does recognize the Yubikey NEO. I now have a Win7 VM with access to the Internet and all MS updates applied but when I add the device the VM windows failed to auto download/install the drivers from MS. I ran into a similar issue using a Gemalto type smart card and resulted in downloading the drivers manually from Microsoft Update Catalog and then copy to the VM to install.

Would anyone happen to know which driver set to download manually from MS to recognize the YubiKey NEO? My Win7 host sees it as Identity Device (NIST SP 800-73 [PIV]) but unable to find that on the Microsoft Update Catalog site in order to manually download. [https://catalog.update.microsoft.com]

The Win7 VM does recognize I have added the YubiKey but when it tries to connect and auto download the drivers from MS it fails to install the smartcard driver although it has full access to the Internet and the Win7 host fully recognizes the YubiKey.

Thanks!

----- Answer has been found! -----

I followed this URL and solved the issue.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1901

Just needed to power off the VM and then edit that vmx file adding the following:

usb.generic.allowHID = "TRUE"

All works find now with the Yubikey being seen by the VM thus far. :D

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+