Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:51 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:27 am 

Hi here :)

I've been using a yubikey happily for a while to secure my keepass database (challenge response auth)

Now i'd like to keep a permanent yubikey on my home PC to make life easier, plus one attached to my keychain for my laptop/mobility. Both securing the same database synced between my laptop and my home computer.
can i achieve this, and how should i proceed ? should i generate a key then use keytocard to replace key on the second one ?

also, i would dream of getting a keepass compatible application on android that supports u2F ...
Anyone found a way to deal with password manager on mobile ?
only thing i see is from keepass, to manually synchronize a double-athentified database with a standard authentification one (with key file)

Thanks for your feedback

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:41 pm 

key to card is used for gpg keys, you can move your gpg private key to multiple yubikeys but this will not help you in keepass case.
gpg is used to encrypt and sign files not for keepass.

to clone your yubikey you have to program the new one using challenge-response and storing there the same secret of the first one.
if you don't know it because you used a random one you unlock your keepass, disable the use of yubikey, reprogram both using the same secret, re enable.

since the secret is the same keepass will not notice any difference if you use one or other yubikey.