Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:25 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:43 am 

Hi all , i have a yubikey4 and a Toshiba Chromebook , i already have asociated my yubikey as U2F for my google account and works perfect ( love my yubikey's ). But now i want to authenticate on Chrome os using my Yubikey as Smartcard ( or PIV) in order just plug in the key write the username the password and if the yubi is pluged keep logged , and if the yubi is unplugged lock or log of of my account.
does anyone know how i can do it ?? ( i search and read a lot of arthicles in the net and see a lot of youtube videos but nothing sayd it )

thanks

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:29 am 

Similar problem here. I have a long random password for my google account stored in a password manager that requires my yubikey. Logging into a Chromebook requires that password. I'm not able to remember it, and even if I could, typing it is a pain.

Is there some way to log into a Chromebook and have a good password too? Setting the second slot for static password doesn't seem like a good solution. If someone stole both the Chromebook and Yubikey, they could get in and have full access to my google account. Seems nearly as bad as auto-login.

Edit: I think I found a solution I can live with. It turns out the 2fa with yubikeys on a google account works on a chromebook login. So I should just let my gmail have a memorable xkcd password.