Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:08 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:30 pm 

So, I didn't get any replies to my previous query (viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2738) and decided I would just reset my Yubikey applet and put my keys back on. Sounded simple...

I've been repeatedly re-setting my key applet (https://www.yubico.com/support/knowledg ... esetapplet) and trying to import (https://developers.yubico.com/PGP/Importing_keys.html), but the issue I am having is when I try to add the Encryption key to the card I just get "gpg: KEYTOCARD failed: No secret key"

Is this to do with using stubs? In GPG Keychain it looks as though everything is there. I reimported my private and public keys from backup and server respectively but that didn't help.

I have the following keys (not sure which bits are important):
sec ..... usage: SCEA
sub ..... usage: SEA <- the one that I am getting an error with
ssb ..... usage: S

I can move the signature and authentication keys onto my yubikey just fine, but of course I also need the encryption key for it to work...

Please help! This is becoming urgent. I've already wasted 2 days of work trying to fix the issue, and I NEED the keys for some encryption work coming up in the next 2 days. :cry:

I'm sure it's something minor that I've just overlooked, but I'd appreciate someone to help me with this. Thanks

[I'm running GPGTools 2017.1 on High Sierra]

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:19 pm 

I was going to try accessing the encrypted files via iPGMail on my iphone, then decided to try importing my full key from the phone to my computer keychain.

After doing that it all worked perfectly following the 'importing keys' instructions. Apparently the issue was that I hadn't successfully imported my full keys back into the keychain before (perhaps what I thought was the backup was in fact just a stub).

Phew! :D