Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:24 pm 

I have both a Yubico 4 Nano and a full size Yubico 4. The nano is working great, but I don't know how to get the windows logon thingy duplicated to my backup Y4. As soon as I use the Y software to do the windows logon on 1 key the other stops working.

I have 2 userids on this PC and need to get into both ids with a single key that has a physical backup.

At the moment if the NANO gets damaged it looks like I would be locked out of my PC.

HOW to get this working for 2 userids on 2 yubico 4's.

Last edited by rca on Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:57 pm 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

When following the Challenge-Response credential programming on the first YubiKey, once you have clicked "Write Configuration", you will want to remove the first YubiKey, insert the second YubiKey, and click "Write Configuration" again. This will ensure the same credential is programmed into Slot 2 of each YubiKey. The software doesn't differentiate by YubiKey - it only cares about the credential, so you could program this same credential on 100+ YubiKeys and they would all work for Windows Login.

I'm assuming you've already figured out how to use the same YubiKey for multiple accounts. If not, you simply need to open YubiKey Logon Administration, insert one of the configured YubiKeys, select the user account from the dropdown, and click "Configure" (and it's a good idea to follow this with "Test"). Repeat this for any other accounts you want to add the YubiKey requirement to.

Just a quick disclaimer - for Windows Login, the "require user input (button press)" option must NOT be enabled, otherwise login will fail.