Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:53 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:47 pm 

The YubiOATH app page on the Play store makes it look like you can configure the Neo to integrate with 3 or more sites. One illustration depicts 3 distinct identities. But the text description doesn't really elucidate how.

I think as you develop this, you may need a flowchart or other illustration that helps us comprehend HOW the app on the Neo and the app on one's device combine to unlock several OTPs. Sounds great for me, I have over half a dozen OTPs in my Authenticator apps for various sites and identities ... being able to lock those up with more than just the device's password/PIN protection is inspired.

But I'd like a clear description of this before I start futzing around. Thanks!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:57 am 

Hello,

I'm using YubiOATH applet on my NEO to generate OTPs for various services. However, there's a thing that is a bit unclear for me - the readme says in the section about CAP file installation this:

Quote:
WARNING! When you load a new CAP file, everything on the device for that app is erased. Keep a backup of your OATH credentials!

Is there really some way to backup the credentials from the applet? I have some doubts about that. If I'm right, what's the best practise to keep a backup of the credentials in case I want/need to update the applet?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:26 pm 

Can someone tell me, if you install this in a Neo, does it replace the gpg app, or can both co-exist?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It will not replace anything, it will be another applet just like when you install a software on your computer.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:23 pm 

sdaugherty wrote:
How would one go about interfacing with the applet from a PC over a USB connection?

Tom wrote:
Hello,
We will look into that. Please come back on this topic in a month or so or subscribe for updates.

I would like this functionality as well. If it were implemented I would buy a NEO in a heartbeat.

(subscribed to this thread)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:38 pm 

Tom wrote:
Hello,
We will look into that. Please come back on this topic in a month or so or subscribe for updates.

Any word on a revamped install guide or clarifications on whether you can use the Yubikey to do 2 factor auth via both android and PC/Mac if you do manage to get it set up?

I'm still very interested in this, but I was unable to get the necessary bits installed on my yubikeys despite trying on three different computers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:00 pm 

I was able to install finally by following the guide on a completely new Windows computer.

I'm still interested in the following two clarifications:

1. Can a properly programmed NEO with 2FA secrets stored in it be used with both the YubiOATH android app as well as a desktop or mac application to provide 2FA?

Is it possible to share the secrets stored in one NEO with a second NEO? I keep one NEO on my keychain and another in a safe at home in case it is lost or broken.

I've also come up against the following problem:

I was able to add a secret from Github without a problem, but when I attempted to add one from Google, it was consistently saying "error communicating with Yubikey". I was able to retrieve the existing key stored in the Yubikey and use it just fine. Eventually, after trying a bunch of times and restarting the app a couple of times, the Google key suddenly appeared in the list even though I never saw a success message. It might be that the success popup was covered by one of the failure ones.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:44 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

1) This may happen soon 1-2 month

2) No, what you can do is have a second NEO and configure them with the same secret at the same time. By doing so you will have a copy. Remember that you can always screenshot the QR code and back it up somewhere safe and/or scan it in a second moment to back up the secret. Right?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:20 pm 

deinspajner: This looks pretty much like the same bug I experience with the app.

Have a look at viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1159&start=20#p4657

or even better maybe Tom could you move the Android App related messages from that thread to this one? Because for me it looks like the javacard app is installed correctly but the android app has a problem (or google has a problem :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A new version of the Android APP was released today. it will take some time for Google Play to push it, this should fix most of the bugs.

Please post in this thread, as the other thread is about installation and installation related problems.