Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:38 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We've got a few complaints regarding sharp left-overs from the injection molding process in early shipments. We've now made sure these are removed. We're still trimming the production process.

Without defending this ignorance, it can easily be removed with a sharp knife or a piece of sand paper.

Please accept our applogize in this matter.

With the best regards,

JakobE
Hardware- and firmware guy @ Yubico

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:58 pm 

I just received my Yubikey 2.0 (THANKS Yubico) and my key does have the burrs on one side. They don't bother me as much as somewhat rougher feel of inserts. I'm not sure if this is due to the less polished services or because the tab/tong is a little thicker. I'll buff the edges of my YK2 and see if it makes it better.

Second observation. Having received my key (Thanks again) I am un-clear how to or if I am using two press fetcher correctly. Could you ship with the IDs of each being different?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm not exactly sure I understand what rough item you're refering to. Different from the Yubikey 1, the thickness of the Yubikey contact is now extremely well defined which makes it seat more properly in the USB port. Are you referring to the sides of the contact ?

Regarding the two-button functionality, we only configure configuration #1 and the Yubikey2s therefore behave exactly as the Yubikey 1s. The second configuration is open to be set for own experimentation.

If you haven't seen it yet, please have a look at the Yubikey2 manual: http://www.yubico.com/files/YubiKey_manual-2.0.pdf

The new configuration tool is available at http://www.yubico.com/developers/personalization/

Please let me know if I've got it all wrong.

With the best regards,

JakobE
Hardware- and firmware guy @ Yubico