Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:55 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Joomla 1.6
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:53 am 

Hi,

I am trying to install the Joomla components in Joomla 1.6 Beta 14, but I don't seem to be able to enter the API or Client ID in the plugin as instructed. Is there work around, e.g. a way to enter these values directly through cPanel or phpMyAdmin?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Post subject: Re: Joomla 1.6
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:00 am 

Hi ,

looking at my Plugin ( Im on Joomla 1.5 and have compared with Jooma 1.6 tables..)

Quote:
UPDATE jos_plugins SET params = 'apiID=1234 signatureKey=XXXXXXXXXXXXXX' WHERE element='yubikey' ( Joomla 1.5 )

I scrubbed the frontend a while back but db still exists so "built" up this based on another Plugin....

Quote:
UPDATE jos_extensions SET params = '{"apiID":"1234","signatureKey":"XXXXXXXXXXXXXX"}' WHERE element='yubikey' ( Joomla 1.6)

Backup ( export via phpmyadmin ) the table first....replace with your own apiid and signature key

Cheers

Stephen

Post subject: Re: Joomla 1.6
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:25 pm 

Joomla! 1.6 implements a new plug-in system and I haven't reprogrammed the current Joomla! Yubikey plug-in to support 1.6. For kicks I did try to install it and it somewhat works as you noticed. But there will be some weirdness with it and I wouldn't recommend you use it on a production site since I haven't looked at what security vulnerabilities may be present with trying to use a Joomla! 1.5 authentication plug-in on a Joomla! 1.6 beta/RC site.

I am waiting for the Joomla! 1.6 extension development guide to be written and more finalized for the production ready version of Joomla! 1.6 before I attempt to port the plug-in to 1.6. I do plan to do that though and from my initial research it shouldn't be too hard to do. So expect the Joomla! 1.6 version of my plug-in to be released not long after the production version of Joomla! 1.6 is released. Most likely I'll start working on a port in the RC stage of Joomla! 1.6. Too much of the code is changing in the beta stage for me to spend time porting now.

- James