Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:56 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Windows 10 Mobile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:03 am 

I know it is beta software but I just wanted to provide some feedback. I'm using lastpass on a Nokia Lumina 925 with the latest Win10 OS Technical Preview.

The new FIDO Yubico doesn't seem to work but the older version does work. This was the case with the last version of Windows Phone. However, with the old version, it allows me to open Lastpass but I get a Yubico message saying "Authentication Failed! Authentication was NOT successful! See the technical data for more information.".

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Post subject: Re: Windows 10 Mobile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:25 am 

Hello,

Windows 10 Mobile is not in beta anymore and I'd like to know if Microsoft's NFC-stack is still as "broken" as it was in 8/8.1.
It's hard to find any information about this subject; there's only information about 8/8.1 with the smartcard work-around.

I have two (rather old) Developer YubiKey NEO's (serial numbers 2276434 and 2276435) and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL.
Since there's support to pay with this phone through NFC, I figured Microsoft has changed things on their NFC-stack in Windows 10 Mobile.
I would love to use a Yubico Authenticator app on this phone as you can with compatible Android devices (so it shows all the OTP keys once tapped).

Additionally I've spotted that you have listed Microsoft Lumia 640 as a supported device: does that mean it should also work with a Yubico Authenticator app?
I haven't been able to find anything related to you (Yubico) in Microsoft's Store unfortunately...
Can you verify for me that it's still not possible to communicate as you should with Windows 10 Mobile devices and therefore the NFC-stack is still "broken"?
I am willing to invest some time if needed (if it may help, I'm a software engineer and am able to develop apps for Windows 10 Mobile).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:21 pm 

I recently bought a Microsoft Lumia 640 and with Windows 8.1 Update 2 it works perfectly with NFC for Lastpass. Once I upgrade to Windows 10 mobile I will be interested to see if it still works or becomes broken...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:25 pm 

adh wrote:
I recently bought a Microsoft Lumia 640 and with Windows 8.1 Update 2 it works perfectly with NFC for Lastpass. Once I upgrade to Windows 10 mobile I will be interested to see if it still works or becomes broken...

Hello adh,

I'm talking about the full NFC support and not the Smartcard/NDEF.
I haven't tested LastPass on my Lumia 950XL, but I'm very sure it will still work.
The question is now if it's possible to have the Yubico Authenticator on Windows 10 Mobile.
Key difference is the generation of the TOTP, which you'll then use to sign in at all kinds of services.

However my experience with these forums is really awful, as it seems Yubico is either not reading these or simply ignoring.
I actually dare to state that I would recommend not to get one because of this...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:58 am 

I have now bought a Microsoft Lumia 950 Dual for my wife and can post that Yubikey Neo works for that phone as well. I upgraded my Microsoft Lumia 1520 from Windows 8.1 Update 1 to Windows 10 Mobile and Yubikey Neo still does NOT work. Seems like the NFC stacks has some firmware dependencies as well...

when I mean it "works" I mean Yubikey Authenticator using NFC on the device to get to my Lastpass vault on the phone.