Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:15 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:31 pm 

Hello,
I am new user, and my yubikey firmware ver. is 2.2.4
I want to know how to use it in static password mode, please give step by step to use it.
Thanks!!

king regards
wins

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:52 pm 

Basically it's pretty simple and very good explained in the documentation at yubico.com. You'd first of all want to download the Yubikey Configuration Utility, which can be done at http://www.yubico.com/personalization-tool.

When you start the software, there are different modes that you can use. In your case you'd need Static Password. You should then choose Scan code ... there you go, you can set a password by entering it in the corresponding area and write it to the stick by clicking on Write Configuration.

NOTICE: Make sure you activate Configuration Slot 2 and not overwrite your factory settings in slot 1.

Best regards,

GByte

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:51 am 

gbyte wrote:
Basically it's pretty simple and very good explained in the documentation at yubico.com. You'd first of all want to download the Yubikey Configuration Utility, which can be done at http://www.yubico.com/personalization-tool.

When you start the software, there are different modes that you can use. In your case you'd need Static Password. You should then choose Scan code ... there you go, you can set a password by entering it in the corresponding area and write it to the stick by clicking on Write Configuration.

NOTICE: Make sure you activate Configuration Slot 2 and not overwrite your factory settings in slot 1.

Best regards,

GByte

Thanks very much.
I have successfully set a static password.
I want to know how to set up multiple static passwords for different sites?

king regards
wins