Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:52 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Fearures over NFC
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:07 am 

May I ask what features the Neo has when used over NFC? because I think that over NFC it is quite impossible to implement all the same feature set as over USB.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Post subject: Re: Features over NFC
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:49 pm 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

*One of your two configuration slots (Yubico OTP, Static Password, or OATH-HOTP only). Which slot is sent (slot 1 is default) can be set using the Personalization Tool (Tools > NDEF Programming)

*U2F (NFC support was added in firmware version 3.4.0)

*OATH applet (via Yubico Authenticator)

*OpenPGP (OpenKeychain)

*PIV (haven't seen this documented anywhere yet, or seen it implemented, but I am aware of a customer that is using it for physical access with HID Global readers)

Basically, everything except (1) only one of your two configuration slots, and (2) No Challenge-Response or OATH-TOTP (if it's programmed in a configuration slot, which it SHOULDN'T be on a NEO).

Post subject: Re: Fearures over NFC
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:45 pm 

where do you put TOTP BESIDE a config slot?
as far as I know the only things not related to config slot are U2F and smartcard.

by the way it might be epic is someday a feature was released that allows both slots. e.g. when you hold it on the phone while touching the button or not, assuming that's possible to detect.

Post subject: Re: Fearures over NFC
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:53 pm 

My1 wrote:
where do you put TOTP BESIDE a config slot?

The OATH Applet on a NEO, Edge or Yubikey 4 can store several TOTP or HOTP accounts, separately from the two slots.

They are accessed via the Yubico Authenticator application/app.

B

Post subject: Re: Features over NFC
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:16 am 
Yubico Team
Yubico Team

Not true for Edge, which is only two configuration slots + U2F. The NEO, NEO-n, 4, and 4 Nano all have the OATH applet though. These four YubiKey models can store approximately 30 OATH-TOTP or OATH-HOTP credentials, independent of the two configuration slots. With the NEO, obviously you can use the Yubico Authenticator app on Android to store/view these credentials. On a computer, you will need to make sure that CCID is enabled before attempting to add the credentials with Yubico Authenticator. If you have used the Yubico Authenticator app for a different device previously, you may need to check the settings and confirm that "read from slot 1" and "read from slot 2" are not enabled, as this will prevent you from storing new credentials on the OATH applet.

This is BRIEFLY covered here - https://developers.yubico.com/yubioath-desktop/