Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:19 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:17 pm 

I am trying to use Yubikey NEO with a Samsung Galaxy S4, for Lastpass. Touching the S4 with the Yubikey produces a sound, but nothing else happens, neither outside Lastpass nor in the Lastpass Yubikey dialog. The Yubikey NDEF is set to the lastpass website via the personalization tool.

Can someone help?
Dieter

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:22 am 

I found I needed to install YubiClip to retrieve my OTP.

You might want to look at TagInfo by NXP and you will be able to see what your key is displaying when it's detected.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:16 pm 

I am trying to achieve the same objective, and encountering the same problem with my S4 (I9505).

I installed both YubiClip and Taginfo, but could not understand much else. One issue that I seem to encounter is that the NFC recognition is not easy: at first approach the phone gives a two-tones message (which I believe I read somewhere means: nope, could not get a proper NFC transaction) and then another tone. After the third tone Taginfo shows some results (I had to repeat this operation multiple times, because it tends to loop two-tones/single tone, and the two-tone transaction erases Taginfo output).

Am enclosing Taginfo screenshots, maybe they tell something?

Thanks for any help!

Attachments:
File comment: Info tab
2014-02-15 2 small.jpg
2014-02-15 2 small.jpg [ 132.34 KiB | Viewed 3486 times ]
File comment: Ndef tab
2014-02-15 1 small.jpg
2014-02-15 1 small.jpg [ 243.92 KiB | Viewed 3486 times ]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:22 pm 

It worked!!
I made sense all of a sudden of several comments in different threads, plus my own trying.

Here's the short story:
* you need to have YubiClip installed on the phone (free download on Google Play), it does the job of transferring the infos from your Yubikey to LastPass; once installed, it works in the background, so no further action needed;
* Open Lastpass, it should ask for your standard password, then it will open the authentication form, and it is waiting for you to swipe the NEO next to your phone; (also swiping you Yubikey to the back of the phone opens up Lastpass, but you might end up keying in your password or swiping twice)
* when you place the Yubikey next to the back of the phone, it is not obvious that YubiClip gets its infos correctly. If you hear a two-tone, that signals an error;
* try different positions, from flat to the back of the phone, to about one cm away (1/3 of an inch), up & down, until you hear a single tone sound. that means the YubiKey has delivered the infos and the phone interpreted them properly.
* If everything went fine, Lastpass' authentication form will close, and it will decrypt your vault.

This is being taken for granted: that you already followed three tutorials on lastpass and yubico websites, and you did set up your Yubikey NEO properly, i.e.:
https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/security-options/multifactor-authentication-options/yubikey-authentication/#How+to+use+LastPass+with+YubiKey+NEO general Lastpass tutorial to set up a new yubikey in Lastpass (you hopefully already know that you need Lastpass Premium to use a Yubikey)
https://enterprise.lastpass.com/getting-startedmultifactor-options/yubikey-authentication/#Watch+How+to+use+LastPass+with+YubiKey+NEO Additional steps to set a Yubikey NEO (including instructing Lastpass not to access your vault without Yubikey also from your smartphone)
http://www.yubico.com/products/services-software/personalization-tools/use/ this is the personalization tool to set up the Yubikey to be used for lastpass

Hope this serves someone. :)