Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:01 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:18 pm 

Good Morning (here) Thank-You for the alternate method idea. Still stumped here though.

1: downloaded 64bit tool version Here and extracted to C: drive root.

2: Plugged in YubiKey NEO

3: Opened an elevated administrator command prompt navigated to bin and typed "ykpersonalize.exe -m82", pressed y at prompt.

4: Unplugged YubiKey NEO, waited a few seconds and plugged it back in.

5:Opened NEO Manager as administrator still in [HID] mode :(

Attachments:
ykpers64 cmd attempt.jpg
ykpers64 cmd attempt.jpg [ 207.03 KiB | Viewed 2869 times ]

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:34 pm 

I have had exactly the same problem you have described with your Yubikey Neo with my first Neo (firmware version 3.0.2).
My second Yubikey Neo with firmware version 3.1.2 worked fine with the Neo Manager program, even updated one of the applets to a newer version, very easy.
I spent a few hours trying to configure my first Yubikey Neo before giving up and trying my second key.

The NEO manager program with my first Yubikey Neo just keeps showing it is in HID mode when the key is inserted and now my computer. And now the Yubikey Neo is only recognized in 1 of my 4 USB ports and not all 4. I tried setting the [HID+CCID with touch eject] mode with the personalization tool using the command ykpersonalize.exe -m82 which appeared to work, but the Neo manager just sees it in HID mode. I even tried a second computer but had the same problem.

I am hoping this with be resolved in a subsequent release of the software, as it is a waste to use it as a ornament.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:28 pm 

@pdthomas76

Since my progress had stalled in this thread for a bit I submitted a support email to support@yubico.com regarding this problem I am having. They replied wanting info to send me a replacement key. If you are having the same issue I would let them know, might be faulty, meaning its possible a "subsequent release of the software" might not be a fix... Good luck getting key working :)

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:02 pm 

@EvilAaron

Thanks for your reply i shall send them an email and see what happens.

I did post a couple of comments on their facebook page a few days ago about the issue but didn't get a reply, so thought i would try here.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:05 pm 

No problem, good luck. For me they have been easy to work with and fast to reply.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

EvilAaron, send an e-mail at support and ask for a warranty substitution.

Post subject: Wow support was fast
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:48 am 

All sorted, must say I'm impressed with Yubico support turn around time. I sent an email this morning 10:00am. A couple emails later I got a warranty coupon code that I then used in the store. At 4:00pm I received a second email notification stating my order had shipped already.

As much as it sucks to have a faulty key, a 6 hour turnaround from my first email to support to a shipped confirmation on replacement is amazing.

Admittedly it helped Tom had walked me through the troubleshooting support would have had to do in this thread, so it was easy to just point them here.

Thank-You

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:31 pm 

Save your $50 and save half a day, put it back into the cute gummy plastic package and send it back.

Unusable with windows 7/8 despite every trick in the book suggested--personalization tool won't program it, the open source tools can't trick it, the login as administrator gimmick, the scrape off USB drivers and do it all again misdirection play, the reinstall it in a different USB slot ploy, the standup and go in a circle three times hokum, the try something we haven't thought of ruse.

Utter, thorough, complete & total waste of time & grief to try to get a simple piece of online security peace of mind.

Run for your life.