Yubico Forum

...visit our web-store at store.yubico.com
It is currently Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:03 pm 

Hi guys,

I have been having a good deal of fun with my yubikeys and am now in the process of setting up a validation server and the various components necessary to authenticate a linux box via pam to a personalized yubikey. I haven't found an authoritative guide on the issue that really addresses all of the steps necessary and the interaction of the various components, but I believe I have pieced it together from the posts here. However, I am now stuck on actually personalising the key under karmic.

I built and installed the yubico-c libraries, and the ykpersonalize tool from the google code repos / svn.

I am running into the issue where ykpersonalize says the device is not accessible USB error: Could not claim interface 0: Operation not permitted
I found this post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=282 which points to http://code.google.com/p/yubikey-core/s ... rounds.txt as a workaround for this specific problem, however it does not work for me. I can define the quirks, or add a udev rule, or simply stop udev entirely. In the first two the usbhid driver ignores the yubikey and it no longer functions like a keyboard input device, but ykpersonalize still does not work. In the latter case the usb subsystem correctly enumerates the device and no drivers attach to it, but ykpersonalize still does not work under any user privileged or otherwise.

Has anyone gotten this to work under Karmic? Any pointers would be appreciated, I would rather not rely on the windows or mac os X utilities if at all possible.

Thanks.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:27 pm 

I will reply to my own post here,

The only thing that seems to work is to manually unbind the interface as detailed here, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=328&p=1477

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:12 pm 

Take a look at the "real solution" from here: http://code.google.com/p/yubikey-personalization/wiki/UsbhidIssue
That worked for me with karmic x64.

-Ben